Qualifications and Accreditation
- I originally studied and trained as a lawyer and worked as a solicitor for a number of years. I am also an accredited Mediator.
- I gained a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology (Dip Psych). I then completed a training in Behavioural and Cognitive Approaches to Psychotherapy, which focuses on modifying and changing unhelpful behavioural patterns and patterns of thought.
- I subsequently completed a five year Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy at the Metanoia Institute (Dip Integ Psychotherapy).
- I am an accredited Integrative Psychotherapist registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). UKCP Registered Psychotherapists are fully qualified and work to a strict code of ethics and practice. As a safeguard to clients, practitioners are required to re-register regularly to ensure they maintain their professional standards.
- I am also a graduate member of the British Psychological Society.
- I have over fifteen years' experience of working as a therapist with a variety of individuals and couples from diverse backgrounds, seeking help for a wide range of issues and problems. I have considerable experience of working with clients for whom English is not their first language. I have lived and worked abroad in several different countries.
- I have worked in many different and varied settings, including the NHS, Employee Assistant Programmes, Domestic Violence projects and private practice.
- I have also worked extensively with people who are struggling with compulsive shopping/spending.
- During my time as a psychotherapist I have earned the reputation of being able to provide an atmosphere of safety, respect and optimism for the capacity of clients to overcome difficulties.
- My work is regularly supervised by a qualified supervisor according to the requirements of UKCP. I also undertake regular professional development.
- I experienced the benefits of psychotherapy as a client myself for a number of years.