- I am an Integrative Psychotherapist, which is an approach which recognises that no single form of therapy is best, or even adequate in all situations for all clients and that each one of the many approaches to therapy has some value. I currently incorporate concepts and techniques from a variety of approaches into my work. My integrative approach combines the constructive, forward-looking methods of cognitive therapy, the respectful, non-judgemental approach of humanistic therapy, together with the depth of existential psychotherapy.
- I draw on a wide choice of strategies, techniques and theories, in a way which coherently integrates aspects from different approaches in light of my professional training and experience. This means that I can offer flexibility and tailor the therapy in a way that is most appropriate for each individual client, depending on their particular needs and personality.
My approach is integrative, collaborative and active in focusing on the issues identified by you, the client.
- I strive to make the whole process less daunting for my clients. As a therapist, I have a warm, pragmatic, jargon-free style which is thoughtful and respectful. My approach is down to earth and clear.
- I provide a safe, confidential, supportive place where you can explore what is troubling you and find the right answers for you.
- Therapy offers an opportunity for a different kind of relationship and a different level of communication where I am there for you throughout the session and can offer you an impartiality and focus which it may be difficult to find elsewhere.
- I will be an active participant in the therapeutic relationship and see therapy as a collaborative enterprise where we work together as a team.
- My belief however is that you are the expert about you and your life and you are the one who knows what's best for you.
- My role is to facilitate you and support you through your journey of exploration and any changes you wish to make in your life. I will not be telling you how you should live your life and what to do. I am the catalyst, not the cure!
- However, as you look at your feelings and decide what changes you wish to make, I will then be able to offer you support and guidance on your journey.